TIFF 2018 is mere days away, and I don’t know about you, but I’ve been looking forward to it for weeks now, picking out films I’m going to watch, and figuring out the celebs I’ll be hoping to spot around town. And in case you’re just as excited as me, below are a few fun events you can attend during the festival, in addition to watching all of the films.
Share Her Journey Rally
Stand up for change with TIFF on the morning of Saturday, September 8 for the Share Her Journey Rally. All who want to see and be part of real change in the film industry are invited to join the action down on John Street at the Slaight Music Stage at 10am. With the support of partners ReFrame, TIME’S UP, and #AfterMeToo, we will hear from thought leaders and inspirational guests including:
– Dr. Stacy L. Smith, Founder and Director of the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, the leading global think tank studying issues of inequality in entertainment;
– Amanda Brugel, actor;
– Keri Putnam, Executive Director of Sundance Institute;
– Mia Kirshner, actor, and co-founder of #AfterMeToo;
– Amma Asante, filmmaker ( Belle, United Kingdom, and Where Hands Touch)
– Cathy Schulman, President, Welle Entertainment;
– Nandita Das, filmmaker ( Firaaq, Manto) and actor;
– Zavia Forrest, TIFF Next Wave Committee member
RSVP at shareherjourney.org/rally to join the event.
TTC Free Screening
TIFF has once again partnered with the TTC to help film fans get access to great movies for FREE. Street teams are set to distribute free Festival and TIFF Bell Lightbox tickets, culminating in a special TTC Free Screening at Roy Thomson Hall on September 9. This Festival event is open to all TTC riders — just bring your Metropass or PRESTO card for entry!*
More after the jump!