Oh what I wouldn’t give to be in NYC tonight! Not only does the Fashion Week start today, Fashion’s Night Out happens tonight as well! Most stores in New York will stay open until 11pm, while various parties and events will be happening all around the city. Models, designers, performers and actors are going to make appearances at various stores, including the one and only Anna Wintour, who is slated to visit Macy’s in the Queens Centre Mall. A mall! Would love to see that one! Fashion’s Night Out is a “global initiative to promote retail, restore consumer confidence, and celebrate fashion” headed by VOGUE, NYC & Co., the City of New York and the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
We’ve invited every fashion retailer across the five boroughs to encourage the fun of fashion again—flagships, tiny boutiques, massive department stores, young designers, mainstream chains, and niche luxury names alike—by keeping its doors open late on the evening of September 10 and to implement creative customer experiences welcoming all. Over 700 retailers and designers across New York City are confirmed participants in Fashion’s Night Out. Most events will take place from 6 P.M. until 11 P.M.
On Fashion’s Night Out, every participating location is open to anyone and everyone. Neither tickets nor invitations are required to join in the Fashion’s Night Out festivities.
The list of celeb and designer appearances after the jump!
According to the NY Post, these are some of the celebrity events happening tonight!
1. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will be guest bartenders at Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys.
2. Pharrell Williams will be working the register at Billionaire Boys Club.
3. Design your own classic handbag — choose its leather, lining, hardware and chain — at Chanel (15 E. 57th St.). At Chanel’s SoHo Boutique (139 Spring St.), score a mini-mani with “Jade,” the new must-have Chanel nail color for fall (it’s green!) while MTV’s Alexa Chung womans the DJ decks.
4. Hugh Jackman will make a personal appearance at Jeffrey New York (449 W. 14th St.). For fashion fanatics, the store also will host a personal appearance by designer Jason Wu.
5. Nosh and sip on SoCal and Mexican comestibles at the Juicy Couture Fifth Avenue flagship, at 52nd Street. Musical attractions will include Vogue’s European Editor-at-Large Hamish Bowles tickling the ivories in the upstairs salon.
6. Manolo Blahnik will be at his namesake shop in Midtown (31 W. 54th St.).
7. Downtown style destination Opening Ceremony will host a block party with vendors from Canal Street, appearances by the Proenza Schouler boys, the Rodarte girls, Delfina Delettrez Fendi, Alexander Wang and Scott Sternberg from Band of Outsiders. All the designers will be selling goods out of the trunks of vintage cars designed after their own aesthetic — Proenza from a VW minibus, Rodarte in a classic convertible low-rider, and Alexander Wang in a black van.
8. At Talbots, Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman!) will be performing songs from her new album.
9. Bloomingdale’s at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue will be offering free 40 Carrots frozen yogurt with any purchase, as well as hosting a live performance by Howie Day, a Madame Tussauds exhibit and a customize-your-own Marc by Marc Jacobs T-shirt station.
10. “Gossip Girl” costume designer Eric Daman will be styling customers for in-store photo shoots at Henri Bendel. The store will also host personal appearances by Trish McEvoy and design duo Badgley Mischka.
11. Newcomer JCPenney, now at the Manhattan Mall (Sixth Avenue and 33rd Street), will host a personal appearance by Cindy Crawford and will offer customers the chance to appear in a professional photo shoot featuring products from Crawford’s new line.
12. No matter what, do not miss Anna Wintour’s personal appearance at Macy’s in the Queens Center Mall, in Elmhurst.