If you’ve been hoarding things in your cart on Shopbop.com, today’s the day to finally click CHECKOUT, because sale items are now additional 25% off with promo code 25EXTRA until this Friday! Which means that those timeless heels, cute summer dresses, and that designer bag you’ve been coveting are now a lot more affordable. I have quite a lengthy wish list going myself, so I’m going to have to make some tough decisions, but extra 25% off is just too tempting to pass up. I am sure most of you are already pros when it comes to online shopping, but here are a few of my handy tips for those of you in need of a little guidance. Sale season is upon us, but you don’t want to get stuck with something you don’t love just because it was on sale.
1. As you browse your favourite online retailers throughout the year, make sure to bookmark the items that you really like. Some sites like Shopbop have the Wish List option, which helps you curate all of your faves in one spot (and in your size!). This way you’re not going to buy a bunch of random things you will regret later.
2. If there’s a particular item that you simply must have, but are unsure of your sizing, visit your local brick and mortar shop to try it on. It takes a bit of effort, but this way you’ll avoid disappointment and save on return shipping fees.
3. Once or twice a week re-visit the bookmarked items and wish lists to see if any of your favourites went on sale.
4. If your must-haves are on sale and your size is still available, do a quick search to see if there are any current coupon codes you can use to save a bit more money (free shipping codes, extra discounts, etc).
5. If your size is unavailable, don’t give up! Keep the page bookmarked, and re-visit occasionally in case someone returns your size. It happens all the time!