If your boyfriend/husband/father is difficult to shop for, then you might want to read on! A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Leslie of One Voice invited le boyfriend and I to the launch of the newest and most advanced Philips shaver – SensoTouch 3D. The first ever line of wet and dry 3D electric shavers, created to provide men with an expertly close shave and an advanced shaving experience that leaves the skin ultra smooth, with minimal irritation.
No stranger to Philips shavers (he’s currently using Philips Arcitec), le boyfriend already knew that a Philips shaver does the job better than any other he’s ever had, but we still couldn’t just take their word for it.
To demonstrate SensoTouch 3D’s abilities, a professional barber shop was set up, complete with a barber (flown in from Montreal), and a scruffy, but handsome model. We watched the barber shave each side of the model’s face with and without shaving gel, and the results were great – just look below at the “after” shot. Not bad, right? Afterwards, other attendees were invited to try SensoTouch for themselves. And though le boyfriend looooves his Philips Arcitec, he did admit that SensoTouch shave felt “closer” and faster.
Here are some of the features of the new Philips SensoTouch 3D:
- GyroFlex3D: Minimizing pressure and irritation, the shaving cap pivots around, tilts inward, and flexes outward to adjust seamlessly to every curve of the face and neck
- SkinGlide system: Also minimizing pressure and irritation, the smooth surface with rounded edges glides effortlessly over the skin for a flawless shave
- UltraTrackheads: Catching every hair with fewer strokes, channels help to catch longer hairs, slots catch the normal length hairs, and holes catch even the shortest stubble
- Aquatec sealing enabling the use of shaving gel for additional skin protection and water for skin rejuvenation
- Skin friendly precision trimmer, perfect for mustache and sideburn trimming
- Battery powered for 60 minutes, or 20 days, of shaving time
The four models of Philips SensoTouch 3D shavers are available now and range in price from $229.99 to $329.99 CDN. SensoTouch shavers are also available in 2D (with slightly less features) ranging in price from $139.99 to $219.99. If your guy is still using disposable shavers, this is definitely one item to keep in mind for the upcoming Christmas season! And just to let you in on a little secret, Style Blog might be doing a little gift-giving in time for the holidays…so if you think your special guy would like one, make sure to check back. I’m sure with a shaver like this one, snuggling up by the fireplace might be a bit easier on your face as well!