I just did the math, and I can’t believe it’s been six years since my last time in Las Vegas! Truth is, I love Sin City. I love the abundance of delicious food options, the rush of playing the penny slot machines (one time I won $400!), the variety of cool shows to see, and the fact that there’s a CHANEL boutique around (what seems like) every corner. Having said that, every time I’d plan to return to Vegas, something would always get in the way…but not this time! This time, I have the best excuse to go back – front row tickets to the Backstreet Boys concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you just rolled your eyes at all of those exclamation points, then you must not have been a teenage girl back in the 90’s…and you seriously missed out.
Having said that, I am also super excited to be a part of Expedia Canada’s #BigWorldExplorer program (I already saved over $300 on my hotel reservation as an Expedia member, and you can too!), and I can’t wait to share my stories from this trip with you very soon!
But first things first…one of the best things about travel (for me at least) is the actual trip preparation – researching activities, restaurants, and of course, packing and planning out my outfits! In the past I’ve written a few packing–related blog posts, and I do consider myself a bit of an expert, since I can easily pack a carry-on luggage for a two-week trip. So here are a few staples that I’ll be bringing with me to Vegas.
- Comfy walking shoes are a must if you plan to explore everything the strip has to offer, so I’ll be bringing a pair of classic white sneakers that go with everything from dresses to jeans.
- Pool season may or may not start in March (depending on weather), but I’ll still be packing a few of my favourite swimsuits (and an inflatable or two) to bring with me. Even if the pool is closed, there’s always the hot tub after a long day of sightseeing!
- Sunglasses are a necessity when it comes to daytime adventures in the dessert, but they are also a fun finishing touch that adds a little oomph to any outfit. Just like with swimsuits, I usually pack a few pairs of sunnies to style with different outfits when I travel.
- While I won’t be wearing heels on the regular while in Las Vegas, I’ll still pack a pair of comfy but stylish mid-heel ankle booties that can be dressed up or down.
- Since we’re talking about Vegas here, I’ll also be packing a sexy dress for a fun night out. Something silky and shiny…probably a slip dress since I have so many of them, but hardly get to wear in freezing Toronto.
- Standout accessories (like statement earrings) can help you take your look from day to night without having to wear an entirely new outfit (especially handy when you’re travelling with a carry-on).
- Even though I’m not much of a gambler, I will still be bringing a couple of my personal lucky charms with me. Who knows, maybe I’ll get lucky with another slot machine and turn $5 into $500?!
- Since I’ll be travelling with a carry-on, I will have very little room for several purses, so I’ll be bringing a cross-body bag that goes with all of my outfits – both casual and dressy.
And there you have it, my Las Vegas packing essentials. What do you pack when you travel to Vegas? Share your must-haves in the comments.