When I was offered an advance copy of Jeanne Beker’s autobiography, I jumped at the chance! Jeanne is a Canadian institution, and I was really curious to find out just what her path to success was like. After getting through the book in 2 days, here’s what I thought.
Finding Myself in Fashion is an inspiring read about one woman’s quest to live an extraordinary life. In her latest book, Jeanne Beker candidly opens up and shares many riveting stories about her life, her family, her business ventures, and her true love – fashion. Offering an intimate look not only at the fashion industry and its players, but at her life’s most interesting highs and lows.
The more I read this book, the more I realized that despite the privilege and the gloss, despite the glamourous façade, behind the scenes, Jeanne Beker is first and foremost a real woman and a mother, but one, who was never afraid to forge her own path, be it in fashion or in life. And for that, I truly have a huge amount of respect for her.
If you would like to win a copy of Finding Myself in Fashion, here’s what you need to do:
1. Leave a comment (1 per person, please)
2. Tell me why you’d like to win this book
3. For extra entries, please RT the following: “@styleblogca I’d love to win #FindingMyselfinFashion by @Jeanne_Beker! http://styleblog.ca/?p=9837”
4. Again, you don’t have to be a follower, but it’s always appreciated
5. This giveaway is open to Canadians only
6. C’est tout!
The giveaway will close on May 15th, 2011 at 11:59 EST. Good luck! And the winner is…jessica!!! She said that she would love to win because “i love reading about brave, daring canadian biographies”.
Photo Credits: Penguin Group Canada