I have to admit, so far 2013 is kicking my butt. I caught a cold on January 1st, found fraudulent activity on my debit card, and have had pretty bad migraines all week. Hopefully, from here, the only way is up.
But don’t you worry about me! 2012 was pretty sweet, so instead of focusing on the negative, I’ll just look back on some awesome moments from last year, and hope that things turn around soon.
1. The best thing that ever happened to me in 2012. Sorry if it sounds cheesy, but spending time with our friends and family in Italy, and then marrying the love of my life was a dream come true. Truly. Seeing our wedding featured in the pages of Wedding Bells was a cherry on top.
2. In February, I participated in a fun photoshoot with fellow bloggers Gracie and Elizabeth for Holt Renfrew’s blog Holts Muse. Shot by the talented photographer Adam Moco, this was a fun project to be a part of, and definitely started my year off right.
3. Had I ever dreamt that one day I’d have a byline in FLARE MAGAZINE?! Nope. But that’s exactly what happened in 2012. Granted, it was for Flare’s website, but I was simply thrilled to write my 9 Unique Ideas for Wedding Day Style story in April. Flare also showed Style Blog some love in their Flare Magazine’s Wear Canada, Blogger Style: Spring Shoes, Back to Work, and Street Style round-ups! What a year!
4. Canadian retailer JACOB asked a few Toronto bloggers to help them create a Live Chic City Guide to Toronto, and I was super excited to be a part of it! Featuring bloggers’ favourite Toronto hot spots, this guide is an awesome way to explore the city and visit some of its lesser known attractions.
Check out more highlights after the jump!
5. When Yorkdale Shopping Centre announced their search for a new Style Director, I wasted no time in applying to be a part of this amazing project. My efforts paid off when Yorkdale invited me to join their Style Council in November. Having worked with Yorkdale’s dream-team a few times before, I can’t wait to continue this exciting partnership. With the new expansion and a ton of new and exciting retailers, I am looking forward to a thrilling 2013!
6. In August, my blogger besties Kim, Sharon, Tara, and I celebrated our three-year blog anniversaries with a joint bash at The Thompson Hotel. Drawing over 300 guests, the party was a huge success, and was an awesome way to connect with our readers, and toast to another year of blogging!
7. Before opening their first Canadian store, American retailer LOFT approached me, along with a few other stylish Torontonians, to be one of their LOFT Girls. We celebrated our new roles with yet another fun party at The Thompson Hotel, and so far, being a LOFT Girl has been a ton of fun. Stay tuned for some exciting parties in 2013!
8. Thanks to Ford Canada, Kim, Sharon, and I set off on a Stylish Road Trip to Michigan to do some major shopping. We drove, we shopped, we conquered. It was awesome!
9. Yup, that’s me alongside Elizabeth Hurley. I met her in October at The Bay’s Estée Lauder event, and she was really sweet and beautiful. Another celeb I met that was sweet and beautiful? Rachel Roy, whom I also met at The Bay.
10. Another highlight of my year was becoming one of Moon Apparel’s Ambassadors. One of my fave Canadian brands, Moon is still a relatively new fashion addition to the landscape, but with its fun and fresh designs, it’s definitely one to watch.
11. During World MasterCard Fashion Week in October, MasterCard Canada asked me to be one of Stylicity’s official bloggers, exploring the stylish deals in Yorkville and reporting on the Toronto Fashion Week shows. While this assignment kept me even busier than usual, it was a really fun opportunity.
12. Meeting Missoni’s Margherita Missoni at Holt Renfrew was definitely a highlight. We bonded over our recent haircuts, and she signed my limited edition Missoni x Holt Renfrew elephant. BFFs!
13. In October, I was invited to attend Paul Hardy’s 10-year anniversary fashion show in Calgary! I flew in to Alberta with a few fellow blogger friends for an epic weekend of food, fashion, and fun.
14. This year, I was a finalist in the Best Fashion or Beauty Blog category at the annual P&G Beauty and Grooming Awards. Seeing this blog’s screenshot on a huge screen in a room full of industry professionals that I respect and admire was a surreal and humbling experience. Oh, and Rob Lowe was there too!
15. A private shopping party at Tiffany and Co. also happened this year…and it felt like a scene from a movie. Just me, my friends, and Tiffany jewels! How did I ever get so lucky?
16. In December, I participated in eBay Style Stories and it was a blast!
17. For Christmas, le bf and I jetted off to the Caribbean for much-needed R&R, reflecting on a crazy-amazing year we both had.
So there you have it…year 2012 in photos. Thank you all so much for reading and for visiting this little blog. In November, we have passed 100K unique visitors in one month, and had an average of over 80K unique visitors per month last year! It wouldn’t be possible without your support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Here’s to breaking all records in 2013! Who’s with me?